Our organization was founded by a group of parents of developmentally disabled adult children who had finished school and were left with nowhere to go. These parents quickly realized that meaningful day programs for their adult children were few and far between. SNAPSO worked diligently to establish the SNAPSO charity and ultimately open the SNAPSO Day Program in 2009.
What we've achieved
- Provided day support services for over 100 families.
- Created a family support network where caregivers share knowledge and expertise in all areas of developmental services.
- Created a safe, warm, caring, age appropriate environment in a local community center.
- Created relationships with businesses and establishments to eliminate boundaries in community participation.
- Established sustainable operations through responsible, transparent fiscal management.
- Incorporated venues beyond Peel boundaries to broaden the scope of experiences for participants.
- Have realized the success of our programs via the over-all personal growth of participants witnessed on a daily basis and testified to by caregivers.
- Program eligibility has expanded to include residents from anywhere in Peel and beyond.
- Acquired a wheelchair accessible bus and van to safely transport individuals into the community.